Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Sukiyaki すき焼き

My parents went away for their 25th wedding anniversary, so last night Daisuke and Airi came to our house and made supper for us . Daisuke and Airi are college students that come to our church and because they were so kind they came over and made Sukiyaki for us kids who stayed at home while our parents were gone. I haven't had Sukiyaki since I graduated from Japanese Jr. High school and it's a really delicious nabe(鍋). A nabe is not exactly a type of soup, but it's basically a bunch of vegetables and meat in a pot with some soy sauce or something. In our nabe we put in spring onions, tofu, pork, mushrooms, 糸こんにゃくwhich is something I don't know how to explain and 源たれwhich is something like soy sauce that we added a bunch of water so it would taste similar to sukiyaki. We put it on the oven and talked together. When it was ready we ate it together. Their was my brother, sister, Daisuke, Airi, Daisuke's friend who joined latter and me, the six of us. The flavour of the soup sank into the vegetables and meat so it tasted magnificent. I was really happy to be able to eat it again after a long time.

Comments:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
 
Sukiyaki is SO good! Ore mo nabe yaritaina...
 
sounds yummy to the tummy!! i'm also glad you got to eat sukiyaki, maybe you should suggest your parents take a vacation more often ^_^ !!
 
btw good job spelling flavour there!
 
Yeah John,I knew that you would be reading it so I did it the British way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?