Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

Camping in Owani

We went camping in Owani(大鰐)with the Kimura family that comes to church. I think it was my first time going there unless my parents took me there a long time ago. It was the first time ever for the Kimura family. The Kimura family has 2 kids Kaede and Nire. 4 years old and 2 years old. We made a fire together and taught them stuff about camping.

We were able to make a flamey fire. We waited till it died down until there was nice coals to roast hotdogs. For some reason, I think hotdogs taste better when you roast them yourself. We also had carrot sticks and cucumber sticks just to be healthy.


With an idea from Naomi, we made art out of the fireworks. We set the camera to take a picture slowly and we waved the fireworks in the air writing letters. It came out good. We didn't realize that the letters were in the wrong order until after we took the picture, though.


Junji, Nire, Keiko,Kaede,Mom,Dad,Mei-Hau,Naomi


It was a nice time sitting around the fire talking and seeing the kids experience their first camp fire. The camp ground was a good place to run around and play, so Naomi and I played with the kids for a while. The next day, we drove up the Owani ski mountain. At the top we were able to see a clear view of part of the Tsugaru Peninsula. I think we saw as far as Kanagi. It was cool seeing the big wide plains of rice fields and far away buildings we reckonized. I've never gone skiing at Owani before, because I thought it was nothing good compared to Ajigasawa, but after seeing it this time I think I might want to try going in the winter sometime to see how it is. There was several lifts and a Gondola, so it mustn't have been as bad as I thought it was. Over all it was a nice camping trip getting away from our house for a night.


Comments:
That's a long o in Owani, isn't it? Please say yes!

I'm still trying to learn some Japanese. I recently learnt これ, それ and あれ... and that's about all I can remember! Actually being in Japan would make things easier.

Writing words with fire in photos is fun.
 
Yup, you're right Matthew. Owani in hiragana is おおわに so it is a long o. Looks like you're learning some good stuff. Keep it up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?