Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

The New Zealand Team 2006

Last year we celebrated Christmas with the Australian Team, but this year we celebrated with the NewZealand Team. 12 NewZealanders came up kind of as a Gospel singing group, Malcom, Matthew, Jesse, Rosa, Dwaine, Catherine, Simon, Jonathan, Dawn, Peter, Michelle and Andrew. This is the 4th time a team has come from NewZealand to our church. They went around a lot of pre-schools and some old folks homes singing and performing.

The pictures above is the men on the team doing the Haka. The Haka is the Maori war chant and is ment to be very scarry. I heard that the All Blacks Rugby team in NewZealand do it before games. If you want to know more about the Haka you should check wikipedia. The Haka was one of the things I really enjoyed watching. I wanted to put a video of the Haka that the team did, but I don't know how to put videos on my blog, so here is the link of the All Blacks doing it. Also here is the other one called Kapaopango. The Kapaopango is newer and different, but I quite like it.

My dad and people from church also planed many special Christmas meetings at various community centers, so we invited people we knew and the team also did tracting door to door inviting people to come. The picture above is after the Christmas meeting we did in Hirakawa.


Eating and having fellowship at the Jonan kaikan.


Group photo at Jonan kaikan.

The team with kids at a pre-school.


Over all it was really good having the NewZealand Team over for Christmas this year. Other than seeing them and listening to them sing, I got to know them very well, by eating lunch and supper(or tea, if I say how they do) with them almost everyday, playing Foosball and Table tennis together, getting ready together for Christmas meetings and stuff. After getting to know them very well and having a great time with them, it will be really great if I can see them sometime again.


Comments:
It's great to hear about short-term teams in Aomori! Thanks for the update.

The easiest way to put videos on your blog would be to create an account for youtube, upload the video and link it to your blog. Email me if you have questions!
 
Hey Aaron. Happy New year to you all!!
Sounds like you had lots of wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations! We did too over here in Massachusetts!
 
HI AARON!!! don't know if you remember me... but yea, greetings from canada! thanks for bringing alive for me the ministries of itayanagi! it's a much more captivating read than your dad's newsletters i have to say! :D
enjoy your winter! and i'll try to do the same.
 
Thanks for the directions of how to put a video on my blog, Alex. I probably will try doing it sometime.

Happy New Year, Carol. It's great that you had wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations.

I remember you Joshua!! You came as a short-term worker, right? Great to hear from you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?