Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Reforming a House

We finally finished working on reforming the inside of an old house today. I talked about it a little when I posted about "Electrical Wiring", but my Dad found an old house in town that we could redo and fix up so that a couple that used to work in the CLC Christian Bookstore in Akita can move up to Aomori and live in it. It was a very old house and needed a lot of repairing. Over the last 3weeks or so mainly my Dad and many other people worked to make it a very nice place. For several days my Dad asked me to help work with the house instead of studying(which was fine with me). So I became really good friends with insulation, drywall, a screw driver, styrofoam amongst many other building materials.

This is the new living room of the house after being all nicely insulated.

This is the hallway floor that I helped insulated with styrofoam. With all the insulation and Styrofoam the house should keep really warm. Not like old Japanese houses that hardly have any insulation.

This is the best friend I made while working. I always had it in my hand when I was drywalling or screwing in outlet wires into it's boxes. It is a Black&Decker screwdriver that works very well. It was possible to screw in a screw in just 2 seconds. The batteries last for quite a long time, at least enough time to let the other battery recharge completely before running out of power with the one you're using.

It even has special bits attached to it.

The house is now finished with new rooms, a new bath tub, a new entryway etc. and new people. The Chinomi's who will be living there from now moved in today with all their things. Now they will be coming to our church and helping with the Bookstore and cafe.

It feels great to have it done. Thanks to my Dad that did mostly all the work.


Comments:
Hey Aaron you are really blogging like crazy now! I should try to catch up, been pretty busy!

Your drill reminds me of an ad I saw in the cinema here (i think its on tv too) where a guy does the robot (walks and moves like one) and uses a cordless drill to make noises while he does it...if I can find a video I'll show you, it's pretty cool!

Been snowboarding yet? Is there any snow?
 
I guess I have sped up a bit on blogging. I just feel like posting about stuff I've done.

That ad with the robot moves sounds pretty cool, I'd love to see it sometime.

There is some snow, but haven't gone snowboarding yet. Hopefuuly soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?