Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Church Winter Retreat in Iwaki

I haven't posted in a long time, but that doesn't mean that nothing has happened. Ever since Christmas there has been New years celebration, Ski/snow camp, igloo making, sledding, Church Retreat and a bunch of other stuff, but for now I'm going to talk about the Church Retreat.

On the 20th and the 21st our church had a winter retreat. It was only for about 24 hours so we just stayed over one night, but it was still lots of fun. We stayed at a place called 岩木青少年スポーツセンター. It's a building that a big group of people can use for staying over and for doing events and such. I think it's run by the prefecture. It's quite a nice place with lots of space in the building and a good hill to play outside in the snow.

One of the things a lot of us enjoyed was sliding down a hill with a rubber tube. The center staff let us use black rubber donut shape type of tubes to slide down a hill. I've never done it before, but it was very fun. After going down several times the snow got harder so the course got faster and faster, by the second day everyone slid down the hill very fast. To be interesting we made a train by holding each others feet and sliding down the hill. Thanks to karl that suggested it. It was great fun.

We also played in the gym. we played Californian kick ball. That's what I heard it was called in English. Kids and adults both were in the teams and played together. At night we played games with many people till late.

We also had devotions and chapel times to read the Bible and learn about it. The theme of this retreat was neighborly love. So we discussed about how to love your neighbors and things like that.



On Sunday we had a service at the place in one of the big rooms. Some people just came for the service, but most of the people came from the day before and stayed till the end. It was a cool retreat having a fun time with kids and having a good time with people from church.


Comments:
That's the place we went for the retreat during the summer, right? I remember thinking it'd be pretty cool in the snow!
 
When are you going to post your next blogg? Kitai shite matte masuyo! :)
 
Yo Aaron! I thought it would be fun to leave a comment here since I'm in a couple of the pics!

BTW (By the way) I finally pushed myself to eat some nato since you said I should try it in rice first. Miho had some and I actually really really liked it! It may stink but now I understand.....

I also left a wee email in hotmail.

Toodaloo.....
 
Hey Matthew, You're right. It was the same place we did the summer retreat. It sure was fun in the snow!!

Hey Sarah, Soon. Mattete Kudasai

Hey Lesly, It's been a while. I'm glad you tried the natto and liked it. Thanks for the e-mail.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?