Wednesday, January 31, 2007

 

Kamakura Building and Sledding

I want to say sorry for not posting for a long time to every one who reads my blog. I either couldn't get on the internet or when I could I was just too lazy to post. This post about making a kamakura and sledding is one that I started to write on January 31st, but I haven't finished it untill today, March 3rd. It's been over a month. Anyways it's about what I did with the church boys.

While I had a sleepover with the church boys we made a kamakura( igloo sort of thing). Since this year it hasn't been snowing very much here in Aomori we had to gather snow from all around the church parking lot to make a kamakura. In previous years, there usually already was a big pile of snow that we could just start digging into, but this year we had to actually gather snow by ourselves. I knew that the boys would like to have a kamakura to see and go inside, so before all of them came I started making a pile of snow. When thier parents came and droped them off at the church they came over to where I was and guessed that I was making a kamakura. They said they wanted to help too, so they started digging snow away to make room inside. They worked on it untill we made pizzas for supper.

After we ate supper, did the dishes and had a devotion time we drove to the park by the river in town to go night sledding. As you can see from the picture above, we could still see grass on the ground. There was quite little snow even though it was January. We all sled down a lot of times and competed who could go the farthest. There wasn't as much snow than what we hoped we would have, but it was still fun. The boys also worked on the kamakura the next day and made a back entrance, too. Even though we couldn't make something big like last year, it was good that we could make this together this year.


Comments:
Wow.....that was a long time.....

BTW....since you are probably most likely to check this before u go (I hope) there are pictures of Emiri's visit on my site.....there will be more over the next week before you go hopefully so check when u can! I told you about John having a helicopter.....well we just went up today! Hehehehe.....some nice pictures. [I have the address on my profile]

Let your mum know I'm praying for her stress levels for home assignment....
 
Hold on there!!! One more thing.....just went to check out Laurie's blog......Karl shaved!!!!! REALLY?!?! I was going to comment this on her blog but she wouldn't quite get my shock. I'm still getting to grips with it being a good thing or a bad thing.....hence I'm still in shock right now
 
Hey Lesly,
Thanks for praying for my Mom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?