Wednesday, October 31, 2007

 

Lyme Disease

On August 31, my Mom and I found out that I had Lyme Disease as we went to the hospital. We are guessing that I got bit by a tick that carried the disease in Connecticut when I was helping my uncle with haying in a field where dear had appeared before during Home Assignment. To learn more about Lyme Disease click here to read an explanation about it from wikipedia. The effect it had on me was that the right half of my face had started to become paralyzed. I couldn't move the right side of my face as I wanted too. I realized a couple days before that I couldn't close my right eye without closing my left eye and on the 31st of August when my Aunt Laurie came to our house to visit, she noticed that when I talked my mouth was strange and that only the left half was moving. So that night I went to the hospital with my Mom. At first they couldn't tell what was causing half of my face to become paralyzed, but my Mom suggested that it is most likely to be Lyme Disease. I got medicine to take and went home. We went to another hospital again(the University Hospital 大学病院) and got looked at there. I turned out finding a tick bite on me and I ended up taking medicine for a month and it gradually got better. Right now my face is totally fine. The thing is if I get bitten by a tick that carries the disease again I could get infected again. I just need to be careful to wear long sleeve clothes when I go where ticks may be present.

Comments:
I haven't been looking at any blogs in a while so thought I'd catch up today....sorry that that happened to u. At least you're alright now. Does that mean that you're prone to getting it then? When u got the bite was it not really noticeable?
 
Hi Aaron...sorry to hear about the Lyme. That is nasty stuff. Our daughter had it 15 years ago before they knew as much as they do now. Glad you are better. The half pipe in Amherst has been disassembled and is in pieces 20 minutes away because Jess & Ben bought a house there and it will be in their yard next summer. Also in the town next to ours a nice new skate park with a huge bowl opened just after you left. Next time you are in the US you will have to come skate it. Great to see all your pics. Say hi to all your family!
carol in Mass.
 
Hey Lesly,great to hear from you.No I'm not prone to getting it. Anyone else could get it just as well as I could get it again. The bite wasn't noticeable at all untill I found a spot on my skin. It didn't hurt at all. I hope things are going good with you.

Hi Carol,
Yeah I'm glad I wasn't effected too much by the Lyme Disease and that I got better relatively soon.
Skating in that halfpipe was fun.It was my first time ever in a halfpipe. I definetly want to go back to the US and skate in a skatepark.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?