Monday, January 14, 2008

 

New Years Eve and Day 大晦日と元旦


Here are a bunch of photos from New Years Eve and New years Day. The pictures may not appear nicely lined up.


















This is what we did on the last night of 2007. 餅つき(pounding rice) in a tree stump 
from left to right top to bottom: me, my Dad, Micah,Mary, Rie
Here we shared Bible Verses for the new year and had a short Bible message. At the end we had a time of prayer right before it turned to be 2008.

This photo was taken the moment it turned 2008. Rie, Naomi and I were in the air.




This now New years day




Everyone had a chance of pounding that rice.
from left to right top to bottom: Mr.Harako, Matsuyama san, Mr. Munakata, my Mom, Naomi, Nobuko

ooops looks like the mochi is reeeealy sticky!
Yuya and Nozomi Kasai

Eating ozouni, oshiruko with the pounded rice while having fellowship.The rice pounding is still going on in the back.

This is the people that gathered at the New Years Day service(元旦礼拝)2008/1/1

Comments:
I love those "jumping photos"!

I almost didn't go that night - glad I did! Aunt Laurie
 
Hi Aaron!

Lots of fun pics!! Good to "see" you all and some of your friends too.

On New Years Day here in Amherst we had a big snow storm and a bunch of us went for a 2 hour walk through the freshly fallen snow, all around town and around UMass. Then we had pizza and soda and hot cocoa in front of our fireplace. It was a fun day with friends!

Say hi to all your family!
Carol
 
Hi Aaron,

Did you get the email I sent you with my mailing address?
 
Hey Aunt Laurie,
I'm glad you came that night, too and I'm glad you like the jumping photos.

Hey Carol,
Sounds like you had a great New Years Day in Massachusetts. I'll say hi to my family for you.

Hey David,
I got the e-mail with your mailing address. Thanks for that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?