Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

Asamushi Aquarium(浅虫水族館)

I forget when it was but about a month ago, a bunch of kids and parents from my Mom's child rearing class and a bunch of kids from the church English class had an outing on a Saturday and went to Asamushi Aquarium(浅虫水族館).I had a very low expectation of the place, I didn't think it would be very interesting, but it actually was a very nice aquarium and very interesting.
Naomi and Tomomi in front of the Aquarium
Bethany and kids standing in a tunnel looking at creatures swimming all around them
Shark!! He was mean looking.

Sting ray, there was a very big one swimming all over the tank

Seahorse, I'd never seen a real Seahorse before
the coolest fish!

Nimo and his friends

There also was a Dolphin Show. It was pretty amusing. The dolphins did flips, jumped through hoops, kicked a ball hanging maybe about 5 meters above the water and many other things. In the picture above, a dolphin is catching a frisbee.

There was a section in the Aquarium where we could touch such things as clams, starfish, crabs and things like that. It was very interesting. above is Naomi and Tomomi holding strange creatures.

Over all it was a very nice place. It reminded me again how creative God is creating so many different kinds living things. My favorite was probably the Octopus. If I had a chance I would definitely go back.


Comments:
Wow. I thought everything in Asamushi had closed down years ago.
 
The Amusement park that was right near the aquarium closed down, but the aquarium is still open. Even people from Misawa come.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?