Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

Satoru &Nobuko's Wedding

On March 8th, we had a wedding reception at church. They already had the wedding ceremony two weeks ago somewhere in Tokyo area, so we just had the reception. It was nice.
from left:Mom(the cake maker), Nobuko(bride), Satoru(groom) and Dad(the pastor)


Since Nobuko likes purple, the theme color of the wedding was purple. As a result my Mom made a purple wedding cake. It was actually Nobuko and Satoru that beat the cake and added food coloring to the icing, but Mom was the one that decorated it with Nobuko's sister. It was a chocolate cake. I've been to many weddings, but having a chocolate wedding cake was my first time. It tasted good.
This is a group photo of the groom and bride with the Tsugaru church members(everyone except Mary) that attended.

The main reason of this post was to talk about the food that was served at the wedding.
Everyone that came was served a box with two layers of Japanese food. I emphasize "Japanese" because, it was filled with food considered to be luxurious in Japan. Below is a picture of one of the layers.

There was sashimi(raw fish), raw squid, raw shrimp, deep fried ship, crab, sushi, deep fried fish and fried salmon. Thankfully there was some food that was actually cooked like chicken and salmon that I like eating, instead of raw seafood. There was also cakes and pumpkin pie on the table so I didn't need to worry about starving.

I noticed that by eating luxurious Japanese food, you can learn a lot about sea creatures. Such as shrimp, squid, fish and crabs. I really found the crab interesting. They served a little amount of crab meat still attacked to its club. You can sort of see it in the top left corner two pictures above. It was funny, I could open and close the scissor part of the club, by pulling on the white part sticking out. Very amusing!! After the wedding when I was cleaning up, I managed to collect 4 crab clubs and keep them. I think there pretty cool.


Comments:
Wow. No one told me Nobuko got married. Tell you're Mom that that is one cool cake!
Sarah Elliot
 
She sure did. She's now living in Yamagata with Satoru. I'll be sure to tell my Mom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?